FRIENDS OCTOBER MEETING -ONE WEEK TO GO!!!
The Friends October meeting will be held on October 21 at 2:30 pm, at the Nevada State Museum. Doors will open at 2 pm.
THE AGENDA FOR THE MEETING WILL BE:
- Call to order at 2:30 PM.
- Review and approve September meeting minutes
- Museum activity update
- Financial status update
- “Money for Mannequins” campaign final report out:
- Explanation of Board selected option to spend money
- Motion: “I move that the Board be authorized to spend $8,044.98 for the purchase of the mannequins in the selected option. Of this $7,181 will come from the campaign funds and $863.98 will come from the General Fund.”
- Vote by members
- Pinot’s Palette event December 5 from 2-4 pm.
- Guest Speaker
We are pleased to announce that our guest speaker will be Mr. Dylan Person. Dylan is a doctoral candidate in the UNLV Department of Anthropology and a graduate assistant at Desert Research Institute. There, he studies the relationship between technology, social groups, and culture as well as how archaeology can show ways this knowledge is transferred through learning groups. Originally from southwestern Virginia’s Blue Ridge Valley, Dylan moved to Las Cruces, New Mexico to study desert archaeology at New Mexico State University, where he earned a Master’s degree working on a 14th century pueblo site in southern Nevada. At UNLV, his work focuses on early agricultural sites in the uplands of southwestern New Mexico. As a complement to his UNLV studies, Dylan works at Desert Research Institute with both Native American and U.S. Cold War archaeology at sites in southern Nevada. Dylan’s presentation promises to be exciting and fresh from an archaeologist who is actively working in Nevada. Join us for an informative and exciting afternoon!